What we do
Traces&Dreams was founded in 2015 as a company specialized in storytelling, narrative, content creation, visual communication and distribution. The Traces&Dreams project aims to improve the dissemination of scientific and humanistic knowledge at an international level, addressing, in particular, a non-specialist audience and foster common knowledge about narrative.
The organization’s activity, therefore, focuses on three core areas of expertise:
1. Strategic communication (from planning to content dissemination): Traces&Dreams deals with the consultancy and implementation of communication strategy and content plans, in particular for institutions and organizations operating in the field of research and education. This includes support in the planning, production and distribution of content (mainly audio and video) and the development and support of online and offline distribution networks.
2. Presentations, seminars and workshops focusing on storytelling, narratives, future literacy, social media, humanistic and interdisciplinary skills.
3. Traces&Dreams is also an online content dissemination platform (FutureFramed.TV). It regularly presents content about research in different disciplines and countries and collaborates with numerous international institutions.
We also produce different video and audio podcasts in collaboration with scholars and institutions.
In particular, the Traces&Dreams platform aims to collect the testimonies of many international scholars whose research is aimed at building bridges between different disciplines, to create communities, common paths, and a more cooperative and sustainable world. For this reason, Traces&Dreams focuses its intervention in the field of scientific dissemination and the promotion of Narrative and Future Literacy. Within the platform, we offer their contributions to scholars in sociology, international relations, economics, history, biology, science and technology, communication, astrophysics, anthropology and education. A space is also dedicated to students and PhD students, who can make a contribution to Traces&Dreams in order to promote dialogue between different levels and roles of academic education.
The Traces&Dreams team is composed of experts in communication, audiovisual production and Web Design. Thanks to its experience in the field of storytelling and communication Traces&Dreams has been able to collaborate with several important organisations:
– Global Young Academy: production of several documentaries and social media material, collaboration for the creation of a communication strategy with several working groups: Women in Science Working Group- Biomedicine for Biodiversity WG; Global Health WG; Trust Working Group; development of a corporate visual profile, workshops on communication, storytelling, strategy and social media;
– United Nations Research Institute for Social Development: production of interviews as part of a conference on social inequality;
– World Forum Women in Science: Workshops on leadership and communication;
– Nordic Life Science Days: development and maintenance of social media communication strategy with focus on twitter. Live-tweeting during the conference;
– Brazilian Academy of Sciences: presentation and facilitation on storytelling and narrative; collaboration to promote the visibility of Brazilian researchers in other countries;
– Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Haiti Initiative: online interviews and collaboration to provide more visibility and traffic to the online portal.
In December 2020, our project “FUTURE NARRATIVES”, an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership in the Youth Sector, has been approved.
Please feel free to contact us if you want to collaborate with us, have a project to discuss, a workshop to organize, or a story to tell.